IPDA is the international umbrella organization for the associations and companies that develop
its activity in the field of publishing distribution (books, magazines, newspapers... both on print and digital versions)
IPDA aim is to further the interests of publishing distributors considering different lines of activity:
- Interchange of information and commercial opportunities between distribution company members.
- Coordination and collaboration with Publishers and Booksellers / Newsagents Associations at European and International
- Common representation of the Publishing Distribution sector, in terms of dialogue with Public Administrations and European / International Institutions.
- Organization of Publishing Distribution Events (Meetings, Round Tables, Congress, Think Tanks…), acting as a forum for discussion and cooperation.
- Development of working groups regarding the different areas of the situation and future of the publishing distribution sector (i.e. metadata, EDI, ecommerce,
legislation on publishing business, taxation…)